- Posted by ACE Home Services
- On April 5, 2017
- AC, ACE Home Services, air conditioning, phoenix, Summer
If you’ve ever spent a summer in the Phoenix area, then you’ve experienced the scorching summer heat. With daily temperatures creeping over 120°F, air conditioning becomes a must for any household or business. If your A/C needs replacing or upgrading, there are a few factors you may want to consider before buying a unit.
Average Costs and Prices of A/C Units
On average, homeowners spend anywhere from $3,700 to $7,200 to have a central air conditioner installed in their home.The size of your home and your family’s needs can affect the type of system you want to install in your home, which directly affects the price you pay. For example, the average cost to install a window unit ranges from $150 to $300.
There are various options on the market when it comes to air condition systems:
- Window units, which are installed directly in the windows as a single unit
- Split systems, which can be ductless or central systems that are installed as both inside and outside units
- Central systems, which are composed of a duct system, and normally paired with a heating system to help control the temperature of the whole house throughout every season
- Portable units, which are available as various types of systems that are movable and easily transportable around the home
Additional factors that affect how much you will pay are the type of unit you choose, if the unit is used or new, and if you hire a professional service to help with the installation. Ductwork and insulation can also play a role, depending on the system you currently have. We highly recommend that you have a professional help with installations and recommendations when it comes to installing a new A/C unit in your home, helping you to avoid electrical problems and ultimates save you and time and money.
Average Costs of Common A/C Unit Brands
After you have consulted a professional about what type and size of unit is best for your home, it’s time to pick a brand and model! There are many manufacturers when it comes to A/C systems, each with their own pros and cons. The following is a list of average prices for common A/C manufacturer brands available in today’s market:
- Aire-Flo — $1,700
- Amana — $2,600
- American Standard — $3,200
- Armstrong — $2,000
- Bryant — $2,200
- Carrier — $3,200
- Coleman — $1,700
- Comfortmaker — $1,700
- Frigidaire — $2,900
- Gibson — $2,300
- Goodman — $2,100
- Heil — $2,600
- Lennox — $3,400
- Payne — $1,400
- Rheem — $2,500
- Ruud — $2,400
- Tempstar — $1,800
- Trane — $3,300
- Whirlpool — $1,900
- York — $2,800
ACE is Here For You!
We understand that installing a new A/C unit in your home can be a daunting task. Our technicians at ACE Home Services will come to your home and give you a FREE, honest recommendation for service. Any other questions, simply call (602) 483 6492 and ask us! Your satisfaction is our focus!