- Posted by ACE Home Services
- On November 24, 2014
Air conditioners run just like any other machine. They require maintenance and upkeep in order to keep running at their peak performance level. Depending on the company, air conditioner repair can be costly. On the other side of the coin, there are companies like ACE Home Services who provide you tips to prevent any air conditioner repair. Listed below there are a few ways you can upkeep your air conditioner.
* The first thing you can do is to make sure that you change your filter every other month or so. Air filters catch all of the dirt, dust and allergens that are present in the air. Phoenix has especially dirty air because we are trapped in between mountains. The filters ensure that the air you are breathing is as clean as possible. If the filters get backed up, you air conditioner will not work as well.
* You can also check the refrigerant level in your air conditioner. The refrigerant is what cools down the air coming into your home. If there is too little refrigerant in your air conditioner, than the A/C will struggle to cool down your home properly. If it is working overtime parts can wear out faster and cause you to need more air conditioner repairs.
* Make sure that your thermostat is set at a reasonable temperature. We obviously want our home comfortable, but it does not need to be freezing or too warm inside your home. Set your thermostat at a temperature that will allow you to remain comfortable but saves energy at the same time. Also make sure you turn the thermostat up when you leave your house. There is no point in cooling your home when you are not there. This will allow your air conditioner to last longer.
* The last thing that you can do is to make sure that the condenser coils inside your air conditioner are clean. Dirt can build up on these coils from the air coming into your air conditioner. This dirt will prevent your air conditioner from cooling your home efficiently. It can also cause significant damage to the parts within your air conditioner. The dirt can also cause your air conditioner to run longer because it struggles to cool your home down.
As you can see there is a lot that you can do to prevent the need for air conditioning repair. Even changing your air filter can prevent the need for repairs. However, if you find your self in need of air conditioning repairs make sure you call ACE Home Services. They will get to your home as quickly as possible so that you are not without air conditioning for long. Even if they find the need for air conditioners, they will make sure that you get the best possible deal on quality parts. So give them a call today.