- Posted by ACE Home Services
- On June 24, 2014
There are many reasons why your air conditioner may not be operating at its full capacity in your home. In Arizona, that can be a big problem due to the summer time heat we get. In places like Phoenix, Tempe, and Scottsdale where it can get really hot, it is really important that your air conditioner is working. There are simple ways you can fix some of these problems yourself, and other problems may require a professional to come and repair your air conditioner. Listed below are some of the common problems that air conditioners have, and ways to fix them.
- Improper Operation: This means that your air conditioner is on, but your doors and windows are also open. By leaving them open, your air conditioner is having to work twice as hard as it should. The solution is to close the door and windows, and let the air conditioner do its job.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is what helps keep the cool air moving through your house. Leaks can appear though, and simply adding more refrigerant is not a solution. Instead calling a professional and having them fix the leak, and then putting in the correct amount of refrigerant for the system is the best solution for the problem.
- Worn Out Systems: The different pieces of your air conditioning system can get old and need replaced. These systems include the compressor, fan controls, and thermostat sensor. It is important that if your air conditioner stops working, that you have a professional come out and look at your air conditioner. They need to check these parts because they can wear out really easily.
- Poor Maintenance: The last item is one that can be fixed really easily. Poor maintenance included not cleaning the ducts and air filters. By not cleaning these items, the air cannot pass through your house easily and it can cause more expensive problems. The solution is to clean your air filters often.
In the Arizona valley, it is especially important that your air conditioning unit is working properly in the heat of the summer. If you notice problems with your air conditioner, contact an air conditioning company to come out and see if you need your air conditioner repaired.