- Posted by ACE Home Services
- On February 16, 2017
- ACE Home Services, Attic, energy saving, Insulation
How Can I Increase My Home’s Resale Value?
When it comes time for you to sell your home, you want to get the most out of the market. Many homeowners turn to remodeling and upgrading their home in order to increase the resale value. When remodeling a home, most homeowners focus on kitchens, bathrooms, floors, and backyards. Although these aesthetic upgrades can really change the look of your home, they may cost more than then the value they bring to the resale.
Want the most out your remodeling project? Consider upgrading the insulation in your attic! Attic insulation is an energy efficient upgrade that can reduce monthly costs and keep your home comfortable throughout the year. When you begin to remodel your home, you want to see a significant return on your investment. Upgrading insulation has been proven to return more than any other home remodeling project, making it the best option to consider when selling your home.
Benefits of Upgrading Attic Insulation
Upgrading the insulation in your attic not only boosts your home’s resale value, but it has several other benefits as well.
- Improving attic insulation directly lowers energy costs. Proper insulation retains the air in your home, whether you are running your air conditioning during summer or firing up the furnace for winter. The air won’t leak out and cause your HVAC unit to work extra as it compensates for lost air and changes in temperature.
- Upgrading your attic’s insulation can help seal your home and give you full control of the indoor air quality For people with seasonal allergies, respiratory conditions, or asthma, this can be an imperative feature for their health and comfort.
- Proper insulation helps reduce overall energy usage, enabling you to do your part in helping the environment. As you decrease your energy use and electric costs, you are also decreasing your contribution of greenhouse gases that harm the environment. You can take pride in your forward-thinking and becoming an environmentally conscious homeowner.